If the GP prescribes you with medication, which you must continue to take over a longer period of time, you will be issued with a prescription, which has a repeat request on the right hand side. When your medication starts to run low you should request your repeat medication (at least a week before you are due to run out). It will take the practice two full working days to prepare your prescription so please ensure you plan ahead.
The practice offers the electronic prescription service which means if you order a prescription it is sent electronically to your nominated pharmacy. To use this service you must contact your preferred pharmacy and ask to register for the service.
There are four ways you can request your prescription. (Please note we cannot accept telephone requests for your medications). These are:
- Order your repeat medication online through our website or patient access. You must register to use the online service and information on how to do this is available at reception.
- Tick the medication required on the repeat section of the prescription form and drop it into the box located in the reception area. It will be ready for collection two full working days later.
- If you have lost the repeat section you must come into the practice and complete a request form for your repeat medication. These are available from reception.
- By post: If you would like us to send you your repeat prescription, please enclose a stamped self-addressed envelope.
You have two choices on how you get your medication:
- You can pick your prescription up from the practice (open Monday to Friday 8.00am - 6.30pm) and then take it to the chemist. (Remember the practice requires two full working days to process your request.)
- You can drop off your request at the practice and pick up your medication from the pharmacy, or drop off your request at the nominated pharmacy and then pick up your medication from that nominated pharmacy. This option takes three working days but you must request to use this service and give consent.
If you are a new patient to the practice you must see your GP before we can issue a prescription.
Please note we cannot accept repeat prescriptions over the telephone or via email.
Please ensure that you have sufficient medication to last over weekends and holiday periods
Due to high volume we cannot always do urgent prescriptions.
If you are on repeat medication we must review your medication on a regular basis. A review date will appear on the repeat side of the prescription. Please see your GP when you see this date - DO NOT IGNORE IT.
Order Repeat Prescriptions Online
You can request repeat medication online. To do this you need to register with the practice and obtain a password to enable you to access this service. Once your registration account is created you will need to come into the surgery with your passport or driving licence so that your account can be activated you will be able to use the system to request repeat medication as required. Please complete an application form available from reception.
For more information about Patient Access please click here.
If you already have your password then you can click the link below to access Patient Access.